« Home | Sony Ericsson plans to cut 2k jobs in the next 12 ... » | iPhone costs » | BIC and Orange releases disposable mobile phone » | Shazam for iPhone » | European SMS arbitrary roaming prices » | EA vs Gameloft » | Apple offers 30 days MobileMe extension for users » | Twitter Buys Summize » | Sony Ericsson: What's next ? » | 1 million iPhones 3G sold » 

Friday, July 18, 2008 

Yahoo call

I know this is not the focus of this blog, but since Yahoo is a great player in the mobile market and it has the single most-visited page on the Web (with 304 million unique visitors worldwide in May, according to comScore), it deserves a note:



Anyone who access www.yahoo.com will see a box on the right side of the side calling the stockholders to vote against Carl Icahn. When you click on the box, you'll be redirect to a page that attacks Icahn credibility as an investor. At the top of this page, you'll see the quote:

"It’s hard to understand these technology companies." – Carl Icah


my two cents: It feels like Yahoo is fighting the battle of its life and Jerry Yang is using all he can use in order to win the proxy battle on Aug 1st! And since I passionate about Yahoo for almost 10 years (the age of my Y!Mail account), I really wouldn't like to see it bought by Microsoft :-)

update: according to comScore monthly search report, Google lost 0.3% (total of 61.5%) market share on search, Y! gain 0.3% (total of 20.9%), Microsoft gain 0.7% (total of 9.2%), Ask lost 0.2% (total of 4.3%) and AOL lost 0.4% (total of 4.1%). This data is related to U.S. market

Labels: ,

Pedro "K2" Macêdo

About me

  • I'm Pedro Macedo
  • From
My profile

Sponsored Links

Contact

Stats

I recommend