« Home | Oi Brazil acquires Brasil Telecom » | Skype Mobile » | Google releases mobile banner ads » | O2 will stop selling 8Gb iPhone on UK » | Q1 Results: Motorola still in trouble » | Q1 Results: Apple sales still rising » | Gameloft & Nokia: win a Nokia Phone » | Sprint launches voice-enabled search service » | BusinessWeek's 2008 Most Innovative Companies on T... » | Sony BMG signs up to Nokia’s 'Comes with Music' » 

Monday, April 28, 2008 

Q1 Results: Gameloft sales up in 11%

Mobile games developer and publisher Gameloft is reporting consolidated sales of €25.3 million ($39.59 million) in its first quarter sales report for 2008, 11% higher than in the previous year.

94% of Gameloft’s sales came from its game sales, with the remaining 6% attributed to Gameloft’s console releases on the Nintendo DS and Xbox Live Arcade.

Europe represented 44% of Gameloft’s Q1 revenue, with North America at 29%, and the rest of the world 28%. The rest of the world saw the biggest growth, up 82% compared to the same period in 2007.

North America’s share of sales dropped due to the declining dollar. In 2007, Europe, North America, and the rest of the world made up respectively 44%, 34%, and 22% of Gameloft’s full year sales.

The 11% rise in its sales is in line with Gameloft’s first quarter expectations. The company expects its sales growth rate to continue its rise in the second half of 2008 with scheduled releases for the N-Gage, iPhone, Nintendo DS, and Wii.

Gameloft predicts its sales growth for the remainder of 2008 to reach 25% to 30%, with an operating margin between 10% an 15%. Stabilization of its mobile gaming employee headcount” and the return on investment from expenses for new platforms made in 2007 should both contribute to improving Gameloft’s operating margin.

Source: Games on Deck

Pedro "K2" Macêdo

About me

  • I'm Pedro Macedo
  • From
My profile

Sponsored Links



I recommend