« Home | Samsung will embeds CNN's Java App into top handsets » | O2 to cut iPhone price to £169 » | Microsoft Completes Acquisition of Danger » | Telecom Italia rejects merging with Telefonica » | Mobile phone access to jukeboxes » | The end of Mowser » | Cubans line up for buying mobiles for the first time » | Ringback tones are the new mobile hit » | T-Mobile UK offers international call included in ... » | Orkut 'Officially' Goes Mobile - m.orkut.com » 

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 

Subscriber with 1,700+ followers has put his Twitter account up for sale on eBay

Andrew Baron, joined Twitter a year ago and, as the co-founder of the pioneering online video series Rocketboom, he quickly had 1,400 people sign up to get his postings, one of the biggest crowds of followers on the service.

He put his Twitter account up for sale (on eBay) mostly because he was feeling bored with it and ambivalent about the technology. Most "twitterings" are deadly dull. And Baron readily admits he struggled to find worthy items to share with his many followers. "Every time I would go to Twitter, I would think really hard and try to come up with something important to say. I'd also try to talk about things I was doing, like going out to have a drink, or I would try to be poetic," says Baron. "It wasn't working for me."

After all wide-ranging debate that was created on his move, I think he gave up selling. At least, his eBay auction was over due "The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale".

Source: BusinessWeek

Labels:

Pedro "K2" Macêdo

About me

  • I'm Pedro Macedo
  • From
My profile

Sponsored Links

Contact

Stats

I recommend