« Home | Palm Foleo Announced » | iPod Mobile Games Hacked » | Carnival of Mobilists #75 » | Pokerroom.com Launches on Two Operators » | SpinVox picks Six » | Noodle for cheap calls » | Google Calendar on Mobile Devices » | Jumbuck's Mobile Social Networking Services Now Sp... » | Gameloft releases Lost for iPod » | Sony is teaming up with BT in the UK to transform... » 

Thursday, May 31, 2007 

Oberon Media acquires I-play

US-based Oberon expects to continue operations in both companies’ existing locations worldwide and maintain the I-play name and brand. The total I-play/Oberon workforce now stands at 400-500.

The terms of the deal have not been disclosed but anything less than a $100 million valuation for a 'top five' publisher would be surprising.

David Gosen, currently CEO of I-play, will lead Oberon Media’s mobile games business worldwide. The I-play division will also continue to forge ahead with mobile video projects such as Movie Minutes service it launched recently with Universal Pictures.

The newly combined company will be home to more than a thousand games, including Agatha Christie - Death on the Nile, Dream Day Wedding and The Fast and The Furious, the latter of which has generated more than 7 million downloads. The plan now is to stretch those properties across mobile, online and interactive TV formats.

Together, Oberon and I-play have global distribution partnerships with more than 350 partners. I-play is Oberon's third acquisition in the mobile games space, having already snapped up Blaze and Cmate.

Labels: , ,

Pedro "K2" Macêdo

About me

  • I'm Pedro Macedo
  • From
My profile

Sponsored Links

Contact

Stats

I recommend