« Home | iPhone SDK & App Store » | Google Gears Mobile API » | Opera and Google » | iPhone: One click unlock » | LinkedIn goes mobile » | Yahoo! oneConnect » | Microsoft To Acquire Danger Inc. » | TIM Brasil and Google Partner for 3G Content » | YouTube Mobile » | Steve Jobs vs Twitter » 

Monday, March 10, 2008 

Java and iPhone

It took a while, but after a long period of waiting, but Java support for the iPhone and iPod Touch has finally been announced by Sun and Apple.

Sun has started with bringing J2me to the iPhone and iPod Touch. Sun also announced that if proven popular, Java FX and J2se will also be prepared for launch on Apple's devices. Sun will make as much iPhone and iPod touch functionalities available in their Java virtual machines.

The J2me virtual machine will not come standard with future firmware updates of the devices. Consumers have to get it installed through the new Apple App Store which will be introduced with the 2.0 firmware.

source: Mobile Games Blog

Pedro "K2" Macêdo

About me

  • I'm Pedro Macedo
  • From
My profile

Sponsored Links

Contact

Stats

I recommend